MidCoast Council facilities and services will reopen to the community today, Monday, September 13, after the State government lifted stay at home orders for the Mid Coast local government area (LGA).
Waste management centres, customer service centres, libraries and visitor information centres will open today, while the Manning Regional Art Gallery reopens tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14.
The region, which falls under the Hunter New England Health District (HNEHD), was shut down with just two hours notice on Saturday, August 14.
The last minute notification the region would reopen was announced late Friday night, September 10 on the Great Lakes Advocate website and Facebook page, and Member for Myall Lakes, Stephen Bromhead's Facebook page
Members of the community who do not feel comfortable undertaking face-to-face interactions, they can continue to use online and phone services to do their business with council, mayor David West said.
While the majority of council public facilities were closed during the orders, services continued to be delivered to the community.
Cr West said he and staff were pleased to be able to welcome the community back into the facilities, with council ready to adapt its service model again should the situation change.
"We know this is a constantly evolving situation and we are ready to adapt to whatever is required of us by the NSW Government to protect our community and our staff," he said.
Cr West said all facilities that are now reopen will continue to abide by their COVIDSafe plans and the requirements of the public health order.
We know this is a constantly evolving situation and we are ready to adapt to whatever is required of us by the NSW Government to protect our community and our staff.MidCoast Council mayor, David West
"This includes social distancing and wearing of masks at all our indoor facilities."
Some services will be impacted by staffing arrangements, with the full list of council facilities and their operations provided below.
Council website and social media pages will continue to be updated with relevant information about the operation o facilities and services.
For further information regarding the stay at home restrictions visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/COVID-19 or contact Services NSW on 13 77 88 with your COVID-19 related enquiries.
- Taree administration and customer service centre, Yalawanyi Ganya: Open
- Gloucester and Forster customer service points: open
- Tea Gardens customer service point: Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm. Customers can phone 7955 7777 outside these hours for any support or assistance required.
- Stroud customer service point: closed
- Waste management centres, Tip Shops and Tuncurry Return and Earn: open
- Libraries: open
- Manning Regional Art Gallery: open
- Visitor information centres Gloucester, Taree and Forster: open
- MidCoast Assist: operating
- YMCA Taree and Forster: open
- Taree Airport: open
- Kerbside waste collection: operating
- Pounds: operating
- Parks / playgrounds / public toilets: open
- Gloucester Hydrotherapy Pool: open
- Council-managed community halls: open for bookings with appropriate COVID plans
- Manning Entertainment Centre: closed for-face-to-face, however box office can be contacted 10am to 1pm Tuesday to Friday: (02) 6592 5466 email email@example.com
Did you know? Great Lakes Advocate online subscribers not only have 24/7 access to local and national news, sport, what's on and entertainment - they also have access to our print editions in digital format, with all the advertisements and classifieds at their fingertips.