Plans for celebrations to mark the 20th anniversary of Sinfonia have been dampened by the horrendous fires and the news that one of their members, Patrick Guest, has lost his home and his beloved double bass.
While the orchestra is working on a plan of how to best support Patrick, a decision has been made that $5 from every ticket sold for its upcoming concert on November 24 at the Manning Entertainment Centre (MEC) will go to local Rural Fire Services (RFS) to thank them for the work during this awful time.
A donations box will also be set up at the MEC for the RFS and the orchestra hopes the community will come out and support them, commiserate with Patrick, and generally mourn the losses the community has suffered and to donate to those heroes who have worked so hard to save us all.
The 20th anniversary celebration will be held at 2pm on Sunday November 24 with many local alumni attending and featuring three scholarship winners as soloists, Abi French, Jara Stinson and Lindsay Kaul.
All of the orchestra's returning members will be playing in one or another piece and all of the past Quaver Donors have been invited as well as staunch Friends of Sinfonia to attend to hear these players perform once more.
- Rudi's farmers market, 8am to 2pm at 12 Kanangra Drive, Taree
- Tucker Patch farmgate stall, 9am to 11am at 62 Cemetery Road, Gloucester
- Saltwater Freshwater Printing Collaboration exhibition at Manning Regional Art Gallery, 10.30am to 3pm
- Free Your Mind Friday, 10.30am to 12.30pm at Taree Library
- Preschool Storytime, 10.30am to 11.30am at Hallidays Point Library
- Tuncurry markets, 8am to 1pm at John Wright Park
- Three Brothers produce market, 8am to noon at Johns River Community Hall
- Saltwater Freshwater Weaving Collaboration, 10.30am to 3pm at Manning Regional Art Gallery
- Anne Hutchison to hold a talk about her book 'The Gift of Adoption', 11am to noon at Taree Library
- Old Bar markets, 7am to 1pm at Old Bar Reserve (Old Bar Road)
- Pacific Palms markets, 9am to 1pm at Pacific Palms Community Centre
- Sinfonia Mid North Coast 20th anniversary grand concert, 2pm to 4pm at Manning Entertainment Centre. $5 from every ticket sold will be donated to drought relief