Taree Lions Club is excited about a bigger and better TasteFest on the Manning at the Taree foreshore on Saturday, January 13.
Queen Elizabeth Park is ready for a fantastic follow up to this popular community charity day and with a new and expanded committee the format has been broadened.
Chairman John Lenton said the local content on the Kitchen Stage will continue, plus additional entertainment in an exciting program put together by committee members Peter Bolte and Monique Cahill.
The kids will be pleased to know that the duck race will be back.
Lions president Allen Lenton said the club has embraced the concept launched last year by Phil Grisold, past president of Taree Lions Club and marketing director of the 2018 event.
Phil said the aim is to raise funds for charities Can Assist Manning Valley and Ronald McDonald House in Forster.
The TasteFest team looks forward to welcoming everyone on Saturday from 10am to 9pm at Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Di Podmore will hold printmaking workshops for children at the Manning Regional Art Gallery. Sessions: 10.30am to noon and 1.30pm to 3pm. Cost $20.
- Science on the Move program at the Hallidays Point Library. 2pm to 3pm. Ages five years to 12 years.
- Rotary Book Fair, Holy Name Primary School, Lake Street, Forster, until January 14, from 9am-4pm
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon at Billabong Park, Gloucester.
- Di Podmore will hold a printmaking workshop for adults at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, 10am to 3pm. Cost $70 members and $80 non-members.
- ‘I wool if you wool’ exhibition at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, 11am to 3pm.
- Bulahdelah Genuine Farmers Market, 8am-1pm.
- Great Lakes Hospice giant fund-raising sale, 7am-2pm, Boona Street, Forster (between The Dance Studio and Mitre 10)
- Markets at the Burrell Creek Hall, 9am to 12.30pm.
- Mountain Maid Gold Mine tour at the Copeland Tops State Conservation Area, 10am to noon. Cost: $12 adults, $8 children, $28 family (two adults and two children). Contact the Gloucester Visitor Information Centre for more details.
- ‘Life Drawing Studio’ at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Cost $15.
- Forster Town Markets, 8am to 2pm, Town Park, Forster,