What's on in the Great Lakes, Manning and Gloucester
- Taree Summer Regatta, Friday to Sunday, on the Manning River. A NSW Rowing Association Point Score Regatta.
- Tagged Fish Competition at Harrington, running all of January, 25 tagged fish to catch. Organised by Harrington Hotel.
- Art exhibitions at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, un:Seen, an exhibition by a group of fibre artists who use fibre as the allegory of the invisible hidden within; and Meditations by James Pearson and Geoffrey Lai. Gallery hours are Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sundays 1pm to 4pm.
- Queen Street Undressed art exhibition, at Gloucester Gallery, featuring work by a group of artists who meet fortnightly at the Queen Street Hall in Wingham for life drawing. Runs until January 26. Hours: Thursday to Saturday 10am to 4pm, and Sunday 10am to 1pm.
- Art show at Great Lakes Museum, Saturday and Sunday, 11am to 4pm, entry $10.
- Myall Art Expo, Friday to Monday, at Galleries In The Garden, Myall Community Art and Craft Centre and Hawks Nest Gallery. Three individual exhibitions held at the three art venues in Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens.
- Pinks Family Carnival at John Wright Park, Tuncurry.
- Movie screening of Dumbo at the Hallidays Point Library, 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring a cushion to sit on and a bottle of water. All ages, parents must supervise children under five years.
- Cinema Under the Stars, 5.30pm to 10pm at The Tanks, Forster. Playing Toy Story 4. Entry free. Entertainment includes local musicians, touring talent, circus workshops and kids activities before the movie screens at sundown.
- Opening night of the Cool Summer 2020 Exhibition at Galleries in the Gardens, Tea Gardens, 5pm. Exhibition runs to the end of January. Free entry.
- TasteFest on the Manning, 10am to 9pm at Queen Elizabeth Park, Taree.
- Taree parkrun, from 8am at Endeavour Place Reserve, Taree.
- Forster parkrun, from 8am at the Bicentennial Walk in the Pebbly Beach parkland.
- Johns River Community Markets, 8am to 12.30pm at the Johns River Community Hall.
- Three Brothers Produce Market, 8am to noon at the Johns River Community Hall.
- Wingham Community Markets, 8am to noon at Wingham Skate Park.
- Gloucester Farmers Market, 8am to noon, at Billabong Park, Gloucester.
- Head2Head Ocean Swim, 8am to 2pm at Black Head Surf Life Saving Club, swimming and ski paddle events on offer to racegoers.
- Life Drawing Studio at the Manning Regional Art Gallery, 1.30pm to 3.30pm. Bring your own materials and easel, relaxed atmosphere, untutored group, newcomers welcome.
- Forster Town Markets, 8am to 2pm at Town Park, Forster.
- Pacific Palms Extra Market, 9am to 1pm at the Pacific Palms Community Centre.
While you're with us...
Did you know the Great Lakes Advocate offers breaking news alerts and a weekly email newsletter? Keep up-to-date with all the local news:sign up here.