Manning Great Lakes Police District has issued a safety checklist for residents and holidaymakers to the Mid Coast area ahead of the start of the summer holidays.
"To ensure that your time here, especially over the Christmas New Year period, is memorable for all the right reasons, please take time to make the following part of your daily practice," the police district posted on Facebook.
- Lock all cabin and caravan windows and doors and tie down tent flaps prior to leaving for your daily activities.
- Don't leave wallets, handbags and car keys in view.
- Don't leave surfboards, wet suits, boogie boards or similar items out in the open, especially at night.
- Trailers and boats are not safe places for fishing gear. Lock away rods, reels, navigation devices, tackle boxes and fuel tanks.
- Ensure doors and windows are locked at night, especially when you go to sleep.
- Secure motor vehicles and only leave valuables in them as a last resort.
- Secure eskies and bikes inside rooms and caravans.
To report suspicious activity, call Taree Police Station on 6552 0399, Forster Police Station on 6555 1299 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
The police district wished all residents and visitors a safe and happy holiday period.
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Great Lakes Advocate newsletter here.