A southerly change pushed bushfires that originated at Hillville and Rumba Dump (Tapin Tops National Park) north overnight.
This is according to the Rural Fire Service (RFS), who also confirmed fire activity has eased this morning (November 13).
The Hillville fire was pushed in a northwesterly direction following the southerly change. It has impacted areas such as Tinonee, Taree South, Glenthorne, Pampoolah, Koorainghat, Rainbow Flat and Old Bar.
At about midnight, the change crossed the fireground at Rumba Dump and pushed the fire north.
This has impacted on residents in areas such as Upper Lansdowne, Killabakh, Elands and Bobin.
Residents are still advised to monitor the conditions and know what to do if a fire threatens.
A number of bush and grass fires started as a result of the change in conditions.
- Mount Coxcomb Road, Upper Lansdowne
- The Den Road, Mooral Creek
- Lyrebird Lane, Ellenborough
- Kippax Road, Kippaxs
- Bobin Creek Road, Bobin
- Miss Careys Road, Killabakh
- Comboyne Road, Killabakh
- Mortons Road, Killabakh
- Cedar Road, Killabakh
- Mooral Creek Road, Strathcedar
- Robinson Road, Marlee
- Caparra Road, Wherrol Flat
- Black Flat Lane, Wherrol Flat
- Butchers Creek Road, Wherrol Flat
- Lochivar Road, Wherrol Flat
- Frewins Road, Mount George
- Shorts Road, Cedar Party
- Marylands Close, Hillville
- Careys Road, Hillville
- Sunshine Road, Hillville
- Hillville Road, Hillville
- Deans Creek Road, Tinonee
- Bull Hill Road, Tinonee
- Claxton Street, Tinonee
- Beauly Road, Tinonee
- Urray Road, Taree South
- The Bucketts Way, Taree South
- Emily Close, Taree South
- Glenthorne Road, Glenthorne
- Gilwarra Lane, Glenthorne
- Old Bar Road, Pampoolah
- Half Chain Road, Koorainghat
- Pacific Highway, Koorainghat
- Pacific Highway, Kiwarrak
- Fords Road, Koorainghat
- Godfrey Hill Road, Rainbow Flat
- Old Soldiers Road, Rainbow Flat
- Spicers Road, Rainbow Flat
- Irwins Road, Koorainghat
- Old Bar Road, Old Bar
- Warwiba Road, Old Bar
- Berber Road, Old Bar
- Albatross Way, Old Bar
- Seaspray Circuit, Wallabi Point
- Possum Brush Road, Possum Brush
- Candoormakh Creek Road, Nabiac
- Kings Creek Road, Krambach
- Pacific Highway, Wang Wauk
- Federation Drive, Hallidays Point
- Greys Road, Failford
- Laurina Drive, Darawank
They are being attended to by fire crews.
Southerly winds up to 32 km/h were recorded at Taree Airport at about 11.30pm on Tuesday, November 12. Gusts were recorded at 43 km/h.
This fluctuated throughout the morning, with winds changing to south-southwesterly, southwesterly and west-southwesterly.
There have been reports of about 200 homes lost across NSW. An official number from the Mid Coast area is yet to be determined.