Motorists are still advised to delay all non-essential travel in bushfire-affected areas as a number of roads remain closed.
The Pacific Highway remains closed between Nabiac and Cundletown.
- Motorists in light vehicles who need to travel can use Wallanbah Road and Avalon Road to Krambach, The Bucketts Way to Burrell Creek, Gloucester Road to Wingham, and then Wingham Road through Taree to return to the highway at Cundletown.
- Heavy vehicles are being parked at Nabiac or can use the New England Highway, Kamilaroi Highway and Newell Highway instead.
- The Bucketts Way is also closed between Burrell Creek and Purfleet
One southbound lane also remains closed on the Pacific Highway in Thrumster, near Port Macquarie, near Frogs Road.
There may be intermittent closures of all southbound lanes as burnt trees are removed.
The Gwydir Highway remains closed between Bald Nob, east of Glen Innes, and Eatonsville, west of Grafton
- Motorists can use the Bruxner Highway or Waterfall Way instead, however these routes are not suitable for B-doubles.
The Oxley Highway remains closed between Walcha and Bago.
The New England Highway is also open between Tenterfield and Deepwater, and in the Uralla/Bendemeer area, but with a reduced speed limit of 60km/h.
Other road closures still in place due to the bushfires include:
- Failford/Rainbow Flat - The Lakes Way is closed between the Pacific Highway and Failford Road
- Failford - Failford Road is open to local traffic only between the Pacific Highway and The Lakes Way
- Purfleet to Old Bar - Old Bar Road is closed between the Pacific Highway and Saltwater Road. Saltwater Road is also closed between Old Bar Road and Wallabi Point
- Crowdy Head to Harrington - Crowdy Head Road is closed
- Telegraph Point - Red Hill Road is closed from Rollands Plains Road
- Deep Creek to west of Lower Creek - Kempsey Road is closed
- Tingha to Guyra - Guyra Road is closed
- Nymboida to Coutts Crossing - Armidale Road is closed
- Upper Fine Flower - Clarence Way is closed between Carnham Road and Baryugil
- Buccarumbi to Bald Nob - Old Glen Innes Road and Old Grafton Road are closed between Buccarumbi Bridge (near Cunglebung Road) and the Gwydir Highway
Motorists who need to travel in bushfire-affected areas should be prepared for conditions to change quickly, and follow the directions of emergency services and traffic crews.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com.