Five war graves damaged at the NSW South Coast cemetery in mid-September have been replaced.
Damage to the graves that commemorate World War II Diggers in Nowra, was discovered on September 16.
Five of the 35 headstones had been pulled from the ground and smashed, in some cases beyond repair.
The Commonwealth War Graves representatives inspected the damage and removed the headstones and have now replaced them.
"Council has contracted external security experts to review the site and develop recommendations for possible further protection," a council spokesperson said.
"A report will be made to council for consideration."
But no time frame on when the report might be available was revealed.
"The Office of Australian War Graves has commended Shoalhaven City Council on their efforts to try and protect the cemetery," the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, police continue to investigate the vandalism which is believed to have occurred between Wednesday, September 11 and Monday, September 16.
Officer in charge of Nowra Police Station, Inspector Ray Stynes described the vandalism as "despicable" and "unfathomable" and "an out and out show of disrespect to the war veterans that are laid in that area."
Anyone with any information can contact Nowra Police on 4421 9699 or or Crime Stoppers. on 1800 333 000.