Early Childhood Teacher
Goodstart – Taree
Full time – 38 hour week
Goodstart Early Learning have a wonderful and rewarding position available for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at Goodstart Taree. This centre is part of a unique initiative being run by Goodstart offering an intensive, integrated approach to Enhancing Children’s Outcomes (EChO).
About our Centre
- Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Taree is a 62 space centre that is spacious, purpose-built centre located in a residential area close to local schools, shops and community facilities.
- This position will be either in the Toddlers room or the Pre-School room (Discussed at interview)
- We are happy to offer a permanent full time role or part time position which ever you prefer
- Onsite parking available
- Our Centre hours are 6.15am - 6:15pm
What is EChO?
Our EChO initiative is a targeted approach within Goodstart’s Social Inclusion Strategy that builds on our universally available early learning and care programs. The approach uses an Enhanced Service Delivery Model to provide wrap around intensive and sustainable resources to Goodstart Early Learning centres located in communities where children are more vulnerable to poor outcomes.
About you and the role
The role will see you working in a lead teacher capacity, working with the centre leadership team, trans-disciplinary team and educators to enhance pedagogical practices across the service through effective mentoring and coaching processes.
- Hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent qualification (ACECQA approved) or hold a Diploma but be 50% through your qualification as a ECT
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Hold a valid WWCC
- Hold an up to date Professional Teachers Accreditation (state applicable)
What Goodstart can offer you
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Teacher accreditation/registration - we offer state-specific support to help you through this process
- Competitive pay - you’ll get paid on par with state primary school teachers
- Paid professional development - we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus - you’ll get two extra days off per year, and our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave - you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave – increasing to 6 weeks from December 2023
- Retail and childcare discounts - you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
You’ll also love:
- Centre support - dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion, delivered face to face or virtually by our centre support team
- Security and stability - with over 670 centres across Australia, you’ll have the support of a large network and the stability of a respected organisation
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
If you would like to find out more do not hesitate to contact Jenna Fennell on Jfennell@goodstart.com.au