PREPARATIONS for the second Brooks Forster Running Festival on September 9 are progressing well according to organiser Pete Camilleri, with 160 entries already received.
“We’ve got about 160 entries already which is well up on this time last year,” Pete said.
“A lot of the local people leave it until a bit later to enter but a lot of people from outside the area have already entered so that’s great.”
Pete also confirmed that both Mark Warren and Kirsten Molloy, winners of last year’s male and female half marathon events, will be returning to defend their crowns.
“They’ll be back. Kirsten Molloy is also the current national marathon champion so it’s great to have that calibre athlete returning this year.”
Pete also reported strong interest in the appearance of Australia’s greatest marathon runner, Rob de Castella, at this year’s festival.
“There’s still tickets available to his talk on the Saturday night (September 8) but people should get in quick because there’s the chance it will be sold out closer to the day.”
Interested participants also have until August 24 to place an ‘early bird’ entry at a reduced fee. Pete also said any interested volunteers are welcome to contact him.
“This community has a history of supporting these types of events so volunteers would be much appreciated.”
For all information regarding entry, volunteering or Rob de Castella’ talk visit: www.forsterrunningfestival.com.au.